Tuesday, September 20, 2005


Dear Ellen,

We would have loved for you to have been our token out of towner at our KNIT-IN, but believe it or not, we had someone come in that was only a mile or two from where you live come to the meeting! You two could have carpooled (btw gas is 2.55 at the state line). Your epicurean feast that you posted in your last letter made me a bit envious - I know it must be lots of fun to gather with friends with a specially designed menu and partake in culinary delights. This evening at the knit-in, I had chicken alfredo with sun dried tomatoes and artichokes, and I must say that it was quite tasty. The other choice was eggplant rollitini.

Eight of us sat after we ate and knitted away at the cloths for Katrina. Now I want to say this. Rita, we would be more than happy if you dissolved and petered out before coming to any land. The last thing we need is for the Gulf Coast to be battered again. Methinks that my wish will fall upon deaf ears and Rita will do what it pleases when it pleases. Let's hope something will take the wind out of its sails.

The person that came from your neck of the woods is quite the knitter and likes to knit socks on circulars. She also is a retired English teacher and likes to knit Aran sweaters. Perhaps you might mosey up with her at our next October 4 meeting. Would love to have you.

I attempted to begin the Kiri Shawl last night, but it was not to be as I kept getting to one point and couldn't find out why something wasn't working.

Unfortunately, the news will focus on the inevitable this week. Sort of like the movie Groundhog Day....
I look forward to seeing your completed project. I feel like a broken record right now (will the children of this generation KNOW what a broken record sounds like?) - I have now made 12 washcloths....

No comments: