Monday, September 12, 2005

Dear Cathy - What a beautiful weekend it was! I spent just about every waking hour either working in the yard or lounging and knitting on the screened porch. I bet Donald Trump doesn't have a better life than this!

You were asking for an update on the bathroom project? Well, look at the picture of the cats and boxes. Inside those boxes are the plumbing fixtures, but until the tile man finds time to install the tile, the fixtures are just cat furniture.

The other pictures are my dear Little Kittle posing on the pergola, and the spider condos in the back yard. I hope they are munching on mosquitoes.

The secret knitting project is more than half done, and I took a break to knit a washcloth. I like the diagonal garter stitch pattern; as you approach the end it seems to go so quickly! I used some left over cotton fleece (80% cotton, 20% wool) and I'm curious to see if it dries faster than 100% cotton. I didn't listen to music while knitting, but did listen to "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" and "Le Show" with Harry Shearer. I am something of a weekend public radio junkie.

Ellen

No comments: