Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Road Trip!




"Road trip!" is one of my favorite lines from Legally Blond. I remember the excitement of heading out into the world with my Delta Gamma sisters or other friends in at Roanoke College. Well, last night my new knitting friend Martha and I made a road trip to participate in some interstate knitting. We met with some fellow Cloths for Katrina knitters (including Cathy and her mom) and talked, ate and knitted. What a great evening, even though it was a little more sedate than my undergrad road trips. My husband told our daughter, "Mom's on the knitting travel team."



Since Martha drove, I worked on the second Dancing sock on the out-bound trip. (Here is the first one, twining itself around the new bathtub faucet.) I've come to think of it as "the sock that won't end" because the twisted rib is so slow compared to lovely, mindless stockinette. I am so ready to cast on a pair of basic socks in Sock Garden for myself, especially since the weather is intimating autumn. Life is good when it is finally cool enough to wear wool socks!

I'm looking forward to hearing from all charity knitters. Please let us know what you are up to.

No comments: