Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Ribs and Tags



Dear Cathy and Naomi -
How about those Dancing socks? Now there are two, and they are on their way to the big city. I hope they go with Camille's new cashmere sweaters. We can only fantasize about sweaters, since it is still still steamy in the south. (Do you like that alliteration?) I have almost finished the first Sock Garden sock that I am making for myself in Morning Glory, and hope for wool sock weather in the next few weeks.

The bathroom project is sooo close to being complete. Here is the sink that became the centerpiece for the project! Please note: there is no storage space underneath, because this bathroom will not become junked-up. (Cue Scarlett O'Hara saying, "As God is my witness...")

Cathy, thanks for the tag. Between your and Lutheran Chik's idiosyncracies, I think most of mine are covered, but this is a chance for public introspection (is that an oxymoron?) Like you, Cathy, I'm sure my family would identify 5 other idiosyncrasies.

1. I don't mind being alone. While I don't want to be a hermit, or spend the winter in a cabin in the mountains, it doesn't bother me to spend several hours by myself on the weekends, or work pretty much independently at my office, or take long driving trips alone. I don't mind sightseeing by myself, and really prefer shopping alone. Conversely, being around a lot of people for a long time makes me tired and cranky.
2. I plan my Saturday activities aroung the local broadcast of "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me." My favorite panelists are Paula Poundstone and Roy Blount, jr., but I really love them all.
3. I've always thought bed-making is a waste of time and never do it, except when I change the sheets. I never made my kids make their beds.
4. I am better at finding solutions than giving sympathy.
5. I am fascinated by stories about Arctic and Antarctic exploration, and would someday like to visit Tierra del Fuego.

The Leon County extension service demonstration garden is having it's annual open house this Saturday, and yesterday all the master gardeners were there, getting the garden ready for company. I won't be there Saturday but I did my part yesterday, de-suckering the crape myrtles and pulling bahia grass out of the daffodil beds. Anybody interested in North Florida gardening is should come see what grows well here!

Well, Cathy, I'll see you in a few hours at our Angel's gig. I guess it wouldn't be polite to bring my knitting.

Ellen

No comments: