Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Potpourri

Ellen and Naomi,

First, rumor has it that Naomi is to be home in the next day or two with her new knee. After almost 2 weeks in the hospital, I know she will be glad to be home and I KNOW she will be glad to post on this blog and to read it. I know that we have been limping along here without her (no pun intended in light of Naomi's bad knee that should be good as new).

First, the bathroom - I can't believe you don't have storage under the sink - I want storage where ever I can find it. Where do you put STUFF if you have no place to put it??? That almost makes me want to panic, and then I realize I don't have to worry about it :)

On your idiosyncracies, I must address and comment -

* I find the older I get, the less I want to shop with others. There are a few people I can shop ok with -- actually my husband is good to shop with. He goes with the flow and makes me a happy camper.
* Bed making is a waste of time - we are hit and miss in that chore. Mostly miss.
* Have you read Swimming in Antarctica? The author, Lynne Cox, a long distance swimmer, swims not only for distance, but in waters that no person in their right mind would attempt.
She also swims in the Bering Strait - interesting read for those that like human endurance stories. To top it off she swam these cold waters in her 40s.

The socks are lovely, I thought you would have them by your shower phone...
Naomi, look forward to your arrival back to blogdom.
Ellen, see you at Trinity tomorrow.
Cathy

No comments: