Thursday, December 15, 2005

Picture Time!




Dear Cathy, Naomi, and Sharon - Here are the booties, and my Christmas amaryllis, "Chico." I love living in a climate where you can plant the annual amaryllis in the garden and enjoy it for several years. They do need periodic dividing, though, or they will just stop blooming.

Cathy, you gave me too much credit for working on one project at a time. Right now I have on needles: 2 socks (from different pairs) and a hat to go with the booties. There is also a scarf that is all knit but only half assembled. (Why would anyone knit a scarf that needs to be put together?) In the queue are a baby blanket using this pattern, an Elsepeth Lavold Silky Wool tank top, a Zephyr lace shawl, and lots of socks. Of course, these knitted balls may jump right to the front of the line.

I loved your commentary on gauge. I usually have the opposite problem of things turning out too large because I have a very relaxed attitude toward knitting. Have you seen this blogger's exercise in swatching? This woman doesn't have a relaxed attitude toward anything, and must have way too much energy.

Gotta flit! See you tonight, Cathy.

Ellen

No comments: