Monday, October 30, 2006

All's Fine with Da Capo






Finished without a moment to spare! That is the story of Da Capo, which I wore nearly nonstop while I was in New York. On some days the sweater was enough, on other days it was just what I needed under the raincoat. It is warn amd lightweight and elicited lots of compliments.

The New York trip was so much fun. I drove through the Hamptons; you can't get to the Montauk lighthouse any other way. Montauk was featured in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

While visiting Manhatten we saw the snakes and reptiles exhibit at the American Museum of Natural History, went to the top of the Empire State Building, and visited the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. We also ate at Babbo which is just a few blocks from my daughter's apartment. (The daughter with the squirmy cats!)

On the yarn side I showed great restraint, buying only 2 skeins of Austermann Step sock yarn. I see that Wendy has also bought some Step. It was about 1/2 the price I've paid for it in Gainesville. I also bought a book that contains a shawl pattern for some Ritratto I already have.

As of now I'm working on a Step sock, a cardigan (using Whispers from the stash) and have a little purse ready to felt. All of these seem like mere trifles compared to Da Capo!

I need to come to Georgia for a little show and share!

Ellen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mom, I love you, but that is one of the worst pictues ever taken of me ever.