Wednesday, March 29, 2006

More Socks

Ellen, which I read your title, I read Sock Convent instead of sock convert. Whew, was worried there for a minute.
Here you see my Socks that Rock "Rock Star" colorway socks. They look more subdued in this picture than they actually are. I do believe they would glow under a black light. They do make a statement when worn.

Today, Mom and I made a trip to Tallahassee for a dentist visit, but we did not waste a perfectly good day - we sought out the new yarn store - which was closed, but the people were there and my goodness, they were so nice and let us come in and see there "new" little place. Naomi, you will love the place - it has got a personality all its own and the people were just as nice as they good be. They did have Trekking XXL yarn and I got a variegated blue from them.
Sock yarn varies from fingering weight to sport weight to worsted. The beauty of socks is their portability and the satisfaction of completing something so wonderfully functional and yet so beautiful.
I share with you this beautiful sock that Katie knitted on her blog. I love the heel and the toe. I will have to give both a try as I am ready to venture out to try some different things on socks. However, I must finish my projects on the needles I have now:
  • socks
  • Elliott's blanket
  • Abigail's blanket
  • socks

I do have other projects on needles, but they don't really count at this time as they are on back back burners.
Ellen, you are dealing with Legislative stuff - I am dealing with end of school year stuff, namely IEP time, which will put one over the edge. One must balance work with knitting the rest of one's life. A week at the beach sounds good to me and off I go on Saturday!

Cathy

No comments: