Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Sweet Silver Belle


The Belle continues to be the focus of my knitting activity, and it continues to be amusing and diverting. Making sure those cables cross the right way keeps my attention, and the sleeve rows are so short that there is always time for one more. I thought the first sleeve was long enough and had cast on for the bodice, but decided after a few inches that the sleeve needed to be longer (or the bodice would be too wide) and ripped back and added 12 more rows. I also decided to make the bodice longer, based on Ravelry comments and a hard assessment of my own "bodice." I'll probably go back and add another inch to the peplum to balance the additional bodice length, but I have plenty of yarn, so there is no problem. There is a race with the calendar, though, to wear it this year.

I took a Belle break a few weeks ago and made the Bow Knot Scarf for DD2, to protect her from the icy gales off Long Island Sound. It took a few hours and was lots of fun. This one was made with stash yarn, but I'm tempted to buy some super-soft merino to make another one.

After a futile search for a runner that's narrow enough for this cabinet, I visited the sale corner of the local upholstery shop and bought fabric. It took longer than I anticipated, but I think the finished product works, and it was finished in time for Saturday's dinner party!

Well, work is heating up and my knitting and blogging will probably suffer, but I'll check in from time to time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am loving your knitting - The Belle looks a really nice knit - interesting and in a great clolour and wearable afterwards (how do people chose items like that - I have knit so mnay things in the past that were a joy to knit but were horrific when I wore them!) but it looks just great and I can't wait to see it progress. I am loving the little scarf - that is also a clever knit - it is getting to warm to wear my big drapey stole kind of wrap thing, and I am pondering downsizing to gradually get ready for Spring