Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Knitting for Thrill-Seekers



Some people drive fast cars, some climb mountains, but for heart-pounding drama I suggest knitting Baktus. You can see just how much yarn was left over--those are very little cat's paws for comparison. I used Noro Kureyon Sock divided into 2 balls, knit on #3 needles. The yarn is very sticky and I often had to stop to pull the strands apart. It got easier when I put a split ring stitch marker on the ball of yarn on which the increases and decreases were worked.
Baktus was begun last summer and has been pushed out of the queue for several projects. Finishing it is part of my New Year's resolution about finishing all the works in progress. I have a dream of having nothing on needles sometime this spring and doing a complete needle inventory. There are 2 scarves, a pullover, and a baby blanket in progress now.

Another resolution is to revive this blog and keep it up with some frequency, at least to report finished projects and other knitting milestones. I took a quilting class last fall so a quilt may be included now and then. Here is my third and most recent quilt; It is 42"x42". I haven't made one much larger than that.

1 comment:

Camille Fournier said...

Looks nice mom!