Thursday, December 28, 2006

A Sock - Walk in the Woods


Merry Christmas to all -

It's been a while since posting has occured and it looks as though Ellen started with a bang with all of her completed projects! All I can say is wow! Right now I am working on a 2nd sock - plain old pattern, but tried and true with some Seacoast merino wool "A Walk in the Woods"

I took several pictures of the sock and none captured the true colors of this sock, but this is as close as I can get today without boogering up the colors any more. The wool is not as boingy as Socks the Rock or Koigu, and on occasion, it has split. but all in all it's a pleasant wool to knit. I always feel like singing 2nd verse, same as the 1st while working on the second sock.

Ellen, I think the sweater demands a fashion show of some sort!
Cathy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great looking sock Cathy! I've recently taken on the challenge of knitting socks and now I can't stop. I'm finishing the second sock of my 3rd pair today. I already have enough sock yarn for at least a dozen more pairs. I've collected a lot of free sock patterns on the web ..got quite a collection now. I'd love to see more pics of your socks ..side view, back view, etc.

Knit On..
Barb