Thursday, July 20, 2006

Knitting, reading and ramblins


Well, it's hotter than a well diggers' oven (how's that for an expression - ok, I tried) - and the weather has been a tease - 3 miles away, the land got soaked, but all we got was residual thunder. Just ain't right.

Ellen, you will have to tell us more about your yarn shopping Northern European visit. Are you still playing with the yarn? I know you have pictures in that camera just waiting to jump out!

A move has occurred, a blanket ( Knit Along with Debbie Macomber - The Shop on Blossom Street) is finished(headed to South Carolina), and I have been dabbling in the Mason Dixon Knitting book and have submitted to the Mason Dixon KAL blog. Baby bibs have been multiplying - now I have a couple of more baby blankets to work on for some more babies that will be on its way. I feel sure the babies will arrive before blankets are finished, but one never knows. I may resort to jumbo yarn on size 15 needles to resolve that problem (don't count on that). Oh - specifics on the blanket - Brown Sheep's Cotton Fleece in Pink-a-Boo - used size 7 needles. By the way - though the directions on the skein of Cotton Fleece states to hand wash and air dry - I find that it washes and dries in the washer dryer nicely. Just put it on gentle and dry low!

I must say the summer has moved more quickly than I anticipated and before we know it, school will be in session again. Until then, I have two books to finish - Isaac's Storm and The World Is Flat [Updated and Expanded]: A Brief History of the Twenty-first Century - both for book club.
Isaac's Storm: A Man, a Time, and the Deadliest Hurricane in History (Vintage) is an interesting account of meteorological history, more specifically the hurricane that hit Galveston in 1900. Oh what a long way we have travelled in 100 years in terms of weather predictions!

Enough of the mundaneness of this sultry summer - let's hear more of the yarn trip - ahem - trip to Norway.

No comments: